The skatepark is open to BMX, skateboard, scooter & inline.
We are located in a converted chapel off the Coulsdon Road, Caterham, opposite the large Tesco. Click for directions.
If you would like to make a donation please click the banner below:
If you do your shopping online you can also help raise funds for Skaterham. Please click here for more information.
Skaterham and CR3 data protection policy
Policy brief & purpose
Our Data Protection Policy supports our commitment to treat information of employees, volunteers, members, stakeholders and all other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, volunteers, members, suppliers etc.) who provide any information to us.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees and volunteers of Skaterham and CR3 must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entities are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
As part of the services and facilities we offer, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, digital footprints, photographs, ethnicity, health conditions that might be relevant etc.
Data such as ethnicity and health information is clearly sensitive data and is only processed for the following purposes;
- High level data on ethnicity is used only to track the changes in ethnic mix of our members over time. This is to make sure that we are accessible to all and encouraging equality in the use of the funds we raise and the facilities it supports. Many of our fundraising supporters require us to demonstrate these principles before being given access to funds.
- Information on relevant health conditions is used only to ensure that we can provide the facilities to the utmost standards of care and safety, adapting what we offer to ensure members health conditions are properly catered for.
- We also seek confirmation of your consent to participate in activities at your own risk and as claims for bodily injury can be made during a significant period after an event we have to maintain records of this consent. For minors this will be a minimum of 3 years after the 18th
We collect this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date for the purposes required
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by Skaterham and CR3 within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Sold or transferred to any other party or communicated informally (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
- Stored for longer than is necessary
- Transferred to organisations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
In addition to ways of handling the data we have direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know that the only data we collect is that contained on their initial consent form
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Maintain transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees and volunteers in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect any online data from cyberattacks
- Maintain procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Communicate statements on how we handle data including their right to request information, change information or delete it altogether
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
Our data protection provisions will appear on our website.
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.